[Android] TODO

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 12:17:23 CEST 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Edward Wang
<edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com>wrote:

> On 12-03-29 10:01 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
>
>>  - Network URL opening
>>
> I already posted a patch to do this, pending the imaginary toURI() penalty
> is resolved (I cannot reproduce this penalty, if you can, please post
> .trace file).

yep, i did some tests :

- don't rename the Db column (in order to preserve exisiting databases)
- remove useless mFile_internal
- getTitle should fallback to filename if title==null (same as before)

(i fixed those locally)

- in Media.cs, one constructor for URL is ok, but one constructor for files
which call the one for URL is weird. I think they should be separated, with
the common part is another method

- java URI should not be used, it's too expensive on the cpu
- there are also issues with URI stored in the DB, for instance delete
doesn't work anymore with URI

I tried to remove URI completelly, but then i got issue with unicode
because of libvlc_media_new_location.

We could keep the path as it is for files, and just use
libvlc_media_new_location if location contains ":", else use
libvlc_media_new_path.
 libvlc_media_new_path encode the path to an URI and call
libvlc_media_new_location, that's way faster than using java URI.

i'll send you a .trace file when i have the time.