[Android] TODO

XilasZ xilasz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:28:25 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Edward Wang
<edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com>wrote:

> On 12-03-30 06:17 AM, XilasZ wrote:
>
>> there are also issues with URI stored in the DB, for instance delete
>> doesn't work anymore with URI
>>
> ...and confirmed via SQLite database that delete() works. Happy?

No, stop ignoring issues just because you didn't experienced it. Did you
try with hundred of media ? it is slower.
about the delete, with a DB full of medias, if i select only an empty
folder in preferences (to force the app to empty the DB using the delete),
all delete fails. mDb.delete doesn't like to have an URI string in args,
while using mDb.execSQL("DELETE FROM ... WHERE ...") works. and i suspect
the same with update.

My point is to use the make_URI function inside libvlc_media_new_path,
which i think will always be faster than anything we can do in java.