[Android] TODO

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Fri Mar 30 17:24:25 CEST 2012

Le 2012-03-30 06:17, XilasZ a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Edward Wang
> <edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com>wrote:
>
>> On 12-03-29 10:01 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
>>
>>>  - Network URL opening
>>>
>> I already posted a patch to do this, pending the imaginary toURI() penalty
>> is resolved (I cannot reproduce this penalty, if you can, please post
>> .trace file).
>>

> yep, i did some tests :
>
> - don't rename the Db column (in order to preserve exisiting databases)
> - remove useless mFile_internal

ok

> - getTitle should fallback to filename if title==null (same as before)

again, (lib)VLC does that already, no need to duplicate the work.

> (i fixed those locally)
>
> - in Media.cs

C# really? :)

> , one constructor for URL is ok, but one constructor for files
> which call the one for URL is weird. I think they should be separated, with
> the common part is another method
>
> - java URI should not be used, it's too expensive on the cpu
> - there are also issues with URI stored in the DB, for instance delete
> doesn't work anymore with URI
>
> I tried to remove URI completelly, but then i got issue with unicode
> because of libvlc_media_new_location.

libvlc_media_new_location takes (URL encoded) URIs, e.g. ' ' -> %20 etc.

> We could keep the path as it is for files, and just use
> libvlc_media_new_location if location contains ":", else use
> libvlc_media_new_path.

This is a fishy detection method, what about /sdcard/:.mp3 ?

We should know already what is a file path and what is not, no need to
detect from the file string