[Android] [TROLL] Audio GUI: should we keep the stop button?

Edward Wang edward.c.wang at compdigitec.com
Fri Jan 17 12:46:20 CET 2014

Hello,

On 2014-01-17 04:55, Adrien Maglo <magsoft at videolan.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I raise this question on the mailing list because I think that not
> everybody agrees on this point.
> Personally, I would be in favour of removing the stop button of the
> audio player. Malte's design does not have it. This would simplify the
> interface and allow to recover some needed space. Google Play Music
> does not have it as well.
>
> Please share your opinion.

I disagree here. There is an important conceptual distinction between
pause and stop - pause retains the media file in the memory.

To the user, I think the pause should represent "I'm taking a temporary
break and will listen shortly again", whereas stop should represent
"Drop this file and remove the reference to it as I'm not interested in
playing music for now".

Regards,
         Edward Wang