[Android] LibVLC android commit 7733732: no vout on mpeg4/m2ts

Nuno Mota mundumelga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:14:29 CET 2015

Hey guys,

I'm having the same issue here.

I compiled the source yesterday and come out with the same problem:

>* > D/VLC﹕ core vout display: looking for vout display module matching
*>* > "androidsurface": 4 candidates
*>* > E/VLC﹕ android_surface vout display: Could not initialize
*>* > libandroid.so/libui.so/libgui.so/libsurfaceflinger_client.so
<http://libandroid.so/libui.so/libgui.so/libsurfaceflinger_client.so>!
*>* > D/VLC﹕ core vout display: no vout display modules matched
*>

* > E/VLC﹕ core video output: video output creation failed*

I used the AndroidCompile tutorial, but as far as I'm aware, I should
be using the master vlc-android source.

git clone git://git.videolan.org/vlc-ports/android.git

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Nuno