[Android] LibVLC android commit 7733732: no vout on mpeg4/m2ts

ben brouits at free.fr
Wed Jan 7 18:48:35 CET 2015

Le 07/01/2015 16:25, Thomas Guillem a écrit :

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015, at 16:07, ben wrote:
>> Le 06/01/2015 17:21, ben a écrit :
>>> Hello VLC Android list,
>>>
>>> With vlc's git up to commit 7733732, i am updating a Fragment that
>>> implements IVideoPlayer, but cannot get any picture out with a
>>> mpeg4/m2ts, with HWAccel both enabled/disabled.
>>>
>>> [log]
>>> D/VLC﹕ core window: looking for vout window module matching "any": 1
>>> candidates
>>> D/VLC﹕ core window: no vout window modules matched
>>> D/VLC﹕ core video output: Opening vout display wrapper
>>> D/VLC﹕ core vout display: looking for vout display module matching
>>> "androidsurface": 4 candidates
>>> E/VLC﹕ android_surface vout display: Could not initialize
>>> libandroid.so/libui.so/libgui.so/libsurfaceflinger_client.so!
>>> D/VLC﹕ core vout display: no vout display modules matched
>>> E/VLC﹕ core video output: video output creation failed
>>> [/log]
>>>

>> What surprises me is that VLC (vanilla) dos not behaves the same way:
>>
>> [log]
>> D/VLC﹕ core video output: Opening vout display wrapper
>> D/VLC﹕ core vout display: looking for vout display module matching
>> "androidwindow": 4 candidates
>> D/VLC﹕ android_window vout display: using opaque
>> [/log]
>>
>> Here, VLC is looking for "androidwindow" instead of "androidsurface" and
>> then the video displays.
>
> androidwindow is the new vout used for newer android devices.
> I think your VLC is up to date but not your vlc-android.
>
> vlc-android changed a little, check
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc-ports/android.git;a=commit;h=6cb263e66f238c3fefbbbaac606076abf29025cf
> and all commits from 11/15 - 11/17 here:
> http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc-ports/android.git;a=shortlog;h=2d4db56373bf631cf77f8e0a7a1a1865d5c67588

Thanks for your reply. I've updated now from master, but got no
difference although i added setWindowSize(w, h) in my implementation of
changeSurfaceLayout() (as seen in 6cb263e), and forced mLibVLC to
setVout(LibVLC.VOUT_ANDROID_WINDOW), as suggested Edward Wang.

It is still trying "androidsurface" with the updated Fragment, while
vanilla VLC's VideoPlayerActivity is okay. Strange...

More test tomorrow...
Thanks again,
- Ben