[Android] [RFC] regarding contrib: vpx

Filip Roséen filip at atch.se
Sun Aug 7 07:46:47 CEST 2016

Hi,

Due to the recent changes to the contribs and handling of such within
libvlc, I submitted the below linked patch as RFC:

  - https://patches.videolan.org/patch/14223/

As can be seen it is currently under review, meaning that the outcome is
yet to be known. No matter the outcome there are one of two possibilities
for `vlc-android`;

  - either disable vpx with `--disable-vpx` passed to configure since the
    current version of [libvpx](https://www.webmproject.org/code/) used
    does not support all the relevant toolchains required by `vlc-android`
    (x86_64-android-gcc as an example), or;

  - link with `libvpx` when we build `vlc-android`.

Attached are two individual patches that does one of the two alternatives
mentioned above (the name of each patch is hopefully descriptive enough).

I will try to keep this thread updated with further information if it turns
out that the new changes to contribs related to *libvpx* will be changed
once again, rendering the attached patches obsolete.