[Android] How to specify NFS share for VLC on Android?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Aug 16 10:17:05 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 08:06:57AM +0000, Geoffrey Métais wrote:
>    I take a look at this, maybe NFS support is broken.
>
>    On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 9:16 PM Chris Green <[1]cl at isbd.net> wrote:

OK, thank you.  Remember however that I am a not an experienced user
of VLC (especially not on Android) so my problem *may* be simple lack
of knowledge.

I'm very happy to test things though, I'm a retired software engineer
with quite a lot of Unix/Linux experience.

A little extra information may be of use.  When I look at 'Local
Networks' in VLC on Android I see several Samba servers and DLNA
servers in the 'Shared Folders' list but no NFS servers.  There are
definitely some NFS servers on my LAN.

I get the "This directory is empty" message when I try and add an NFS
server to the Network Favourites list.

>      I'm sorry if this is a bit OT for a develper list but I'd really
>      appreciate some help.
>      I'm running VLC 2.0.6 on an Android tablet.  I'm trying to get it to
>      stream from an NFS share but with no success.  The NFS share works
>      other clients on my LAN so I know it's exported OK.
>      So how should it work?
>      I have hit the + in 'Local Network' and added the NFS drive as a
>      favourite (specifying machine name and directory) but it always says
>      "This directory is empty".
>      What am I doing wrong?
>      --
>      Chris Green