[Android] Buffering(?) lags

juliank at i2pmail.org juliank at i2pmail.org
Wed Jul 22 00:28:34 CEST 2020

Hi Team,

I'm using perhaps a less high-powered or an older device. It's great and usable in every way, however for some reason while playing music over VLC there are occasional buffering lags.

The music abruptly stops for about half a second, and abruptly resumes the the track from the place it stopped from. I never had this problem while using the native music player on the device. The lags happen at different times, but often when changing tasks on the app/device. It could be scrolling through the playlist, or fiddling with the Equalizer, or anything. I would recommend possibly doubling the buffering length, ie. if the buffer is two seconds make it four seconds, perhaps. I might have misconceptions about how the player works but in my mind I imagine that increasing the buffer in some way might help for slightly older (or less highly-powered) devices.

Due to my circumstances I can't give much more information as to specific device makes and models etc.

Keep up the great work.