[dvblast-devel] Multiple DVB tuners and individual tunning.

sani.broyeur at free.fr sani.broyeur at free.fr
Thu Nov 5 13:35:05 CET 2009

Hello.

I enjoyed for years VLC as DVB streamer, with a serious config file dealing with
all my adapters (3 x DVB-T and 2 x DVB-S) and either http or rtsp transport.

I decided to evaluate DVBlast since it's really the purpose for which I used to
run the full featured (but little used) VLC.

Great, DVBlast runs fine, compile cleanly but... how to deal with several
adapters in one machine ? It works with my first adapter, other are not cleary
addressable.

I noticed that exists a "-a" option to use "all adapters", but how to tune them
individually? No way, as I understood, to specify a named device "/dev/dvbX"
when configuring on command line.

Maybe I missed something ?

Regards.