[dvblast-devel] Release ?

HoP jpetrous at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 18:23:11 CET 2009

Hi Marian,

2009/11/19 Marian Ďurkovič <md at bts.sk>:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 04:20:53PM +0100, Christophe Massiot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am considering adding support for clock_nanosleep and other POSIX.2001
>> functions such as clock_gettime instead of gettimeofday, to avoid,
>> thanks to the monotonic clock, jitter due to NTP and stuff. We aren't
>> much concerned about this since it is mainly used in init code (delays),
>> and RTP timestamps. The interface is available since Linux 2.6 so I
>> think it is pretty safe.
>>
>> Any opinion ? Do we release before or after ?
>
> I'd prefer to release before that, with the current source we're compatible
> back to 2.4.20 and DVB-1.0 drivers and this will raise the requirements to
> 2.6 kernel. If ntpd is not running, the normal clock is monotonic as well.

I don' t want to start any flame war, but i must say: I can imagine somebody
wants dvb api 1.0 support, but I' m not so sure about support of linux < 2.6 .

My 1 czech haler :)

/Honza

PS: On the other hand - to answer original Christophe's question - I would
prefer to release before any additional addon. If current version is stable
enough, of course (I' m sorry but other job busy me so much and I'm not
able to check current svn before end of month).