[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Wed Oct 14 17:51:38 CEST 2009

Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
>> BBC One England MUX (FTA):
>> sudo ./dvblast -u -d 239.232.232.1:3000 -f 10773000 -a 0 -n 0 -e -t 3 -v
>> 18 -s 22000000 -S 3
>>
>> Fails, switches to the default DiSEqC input (ASTRA 19.2E)
>
> Looks like the diseqc message was lost or wasn't understood.
>
> Is the failure rate 100 %, i.e. are you never able to tune correctly on
> these particular transponders when you try e.g. 5 times in a row?
>
> And the second question, are you able to use diseqc with *any* transponder
> in high band (freq >= 11700 MHz) ?
>
>   With kind regards,
>
>         M.

Hi Marian,

Good questions. I've spent some more time testing with both boards I
have in this machine. So:

- Adapter 0 (TT-1500 with CI daughterboard 1.0):
Failure to tune to the Muxes I mentioned if frequent, at least 5 times
out of 5. But trying it on 10 tries I did get to tune it once to a MUX I
  thought I couldn't get to work. And this behaviour also happened on
the high band range.

It seems, but can't prove it in a scientific manner, that if I launch
dvblast, see the incorrect PIDs and then kill and restart. Well after a
few tries (more than 5) it does seem to tune to the correct DiSeqC input.

The ones I mentioned that worked seem to always work, each time I try
those transponder settings. Sometimes a little slow in tuning (couple of
acquired/lost/acquired signal messages) but they do tune.

The I thought I would compare with the other DVB-S board in the machine:
- Adapter 2 (KNC ONE TV Station):
Appears to work on every attempt. I tried it against the frequencies I
previously mentioned that were failing, worked with all of them (low and
high band with both polarisations).

So card specific? Usually the TT-1500 is a very well supported card and
it does work fine with other applications. Maybe more sensitive the
DiSEqC timing issues?

Any other suggestions as to what I could test to help find a coherent
explanation to this behaviour?

Regards,
Thomas