[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Wed Oct 14 18:32:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:51:38 +0200, Thomas Kernen wrote
> So card specific? Usually the TT-1500 is a very well supported card
> and it does work fine with other applications. Maybe more sensitive
> the DiSEqC timing issues?

Well, it might be a bug in the kernel driver, maybe this card is more sensitive
to cabling quality and noise. There is one quite long thread on linux-dvb ML
which mentions similar problems with TT 1500 and at the end it turned out to be
a cabling problem:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg29710.html

We might eventually consider repeating diseqc commands for more safety, but
except for that I'm not sure whether there's anything else we can do in DVBlast
as the exact data timing is handled by the kernel.

   With kind regards,

         M.