[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Fri Oct 23 22:33:06 CEST 2009

Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 09:13:32AM +0200, Marian Ďurkovič wrote:
>> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:53:36 +0200, Thomas Kernen wrote
>>> They work with szap-s2 which I've used to tune them and maintain them
>>> on a specific frequency and then used mumudvb (versions older than 1.6)
>>>  to multicast the services from the MPTS. I've done most of this with
>>> the KNC1 DVB-S2 card.
>> And what happens with your KNC1 TV Station now? Before you reported success with
>> it when using the first patch. Anyway, could you please post the relevant lines
>> from dmesg for all your cards - so we know which driver is used, what exact
>> frontends they have etc. There might be differences in frontend code which could
>> explain this behaviour.
>
> Indeed, that's the problem. For STB0899 frontend, the function
> stb0899_send_diseqc_msg() in kernel is completely broken :-(
> It should wait for diseqc tx_idle *before* and *after* sending diseqc
> command, exactly as e.g. stv0299_send_diseqc_msg() does.
>
> Thomas, could you please try the latest patch from Christophe, but change
> *all* msleep waits to 100000 (100 msec), or even 200000 (200 msec)?

Marian,

Correct, the KNC1 DVB-S2 has a STB0899 frontend.

I've taken patch 5 and changed the values from 15msec to 100msec and yes
this really does help! With the KNC1 I was able to tune to the other
DiSEqC positions just fine.

With the TT-3200 I'm still getting mixed results, even with 200msec. On
some frequencies I'm not tuning to the correct transponder.

Ex: Hotbird 13.0E 11054.00 H will land me on 11411.00 H. If I tune to
11411.00 H I end up on 10892.00 H

Regards,
Thomas