[dvblast-devel] Does DVBlast allow DiSEqC switching?

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Tue Sep 29 14:03:56 CEST 2009

Christophe Massiot wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009, Thomas Kernen wrote:
>
>> Thanks. I only realised this after reading the souce. Fingers crossed
>> someone will pickup this task in a not too distant future.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas
>>
>> PS: I'm more than happy to test this but I can't claim to be able to
>> write the code.
>
> By "diseqc", do you mean choosing your input among several possible
> LNBs, or do you need more complex things such as positioning ?
>
> The former could easily be done because it is already handled by VLC.
> However I didn't want to copy code I didn't understand, couldn't
> test, and didn't know if someone ever tested it.

Christophe,

In my case I have no need for controlling any motorised dish and
specific memorised positions. Therefore I only need the basic DiSEqC
functionality that allows to switch between inputs on a DiSeqC switch,
ie the input from LNB 1 to 4 (or 0 to 3 depending on preferred numbering).

Regards,
Thomas