[dvblast-devel] Problems with some pro CAMs

Marian Ďurkovič md at bts.sk
Fri Jan 7 22:12:15 CET 2011

Hi,

  what you describe is basically a broken CAM firmware. Dvblast sends CAPMTs to
the CAM as fast as it accepts data - i.e. once we get ACK from the CAM, we send
another CAPMT. A decent CAM shouldn't send us ACK if it hasn't processed the
data and in no case should it overwrite/overrun its internal buffer and loose
previous CAPMTs.

  The -W switch in 1.2 was there to artificially slow down the rate at which we
send CAPMTs, the wait time was 100 msec. This was enough for buggy PowerCAMs at
that time, but later PowerCAM revisions don't have this problem anymore (well,
they have other major problem of not being able to decrypt TS with bitrate above
48 Mbit/s, sigh)

  I'm quite disappointed to hear that other CAMs suffer from this as well.

  I suggest you to try with 1.2 but increase the CAPMT_WAIT to 500 msec, 1 sec
or whatever is needed for your CAMs. Please report if this helps and how big
waiting is necessary.

  And yes, CAMPT_WAIT is not used since async CAM I/O, since we hoped these
buffer overrun problems were already fixed by CAM manufacturers...

   With kind regards,

       M.

On Fri, 07 Jan 2011 22:19:33 +0200, NetOne - Doychin Dokov wrote