[dvblast-devel] [RFC] Releasing DVBlast 2.0

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Sep 14 12:07:01 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 12:55:14PM +0300, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski wrote :
> Guys, looking at the changes since 1.2 [1] and the fact that
> the last DVBlast release was over year and a half ago I think
> it is time to officially release DVBlast 2.0.

F**k yeah! I've been asking that to Christophe for a long time....

> There are couple of things IMHO should be done:
>   1. Move biTSream to git.

Hmm, ok.

>   2. Update DVBlast web page. It still talks about svn, version 1.2,
>      libdvbpsi, etc. Remove mentions of streaming list that do not
>      exist. dvblast-devel can handle "user support" I think.

Patches for the webpage are welcome. SVN is open.

>   3. Tag v2.0 and make tarballs.

No -rc before tagging?

>   4. Upload tarballs to ftp.videolan.org
>   5. Release 2.0 and send release announcement.
>   6. Add DVBlast to freshmeat (I see it is missing, this would add
>      additional exposure).

This is the normal release process of VideoLAN projects.

>   7. Party and drink cocktails with funny straws.

Where?

> Point   1 is up to jb for git conversion [see 2] and Christophe to actually
>           choose what to do.
> Point 2-6 Christophe or I could do that (provided I have access for web
>           page and ftp, jb?)

2-3 is left to developers.

4. Sorry, there is no way you get access to the main ftp server of
VideoLAN. This machine is getting hammered all the time.
There is an incoming for a reason.

5-6 can be done by anyone.

> Thoughts?
Don't CC me, I am on the ml.