[dvblast-devel] [RFC] Releasing DVBlast 2.0

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Fri Sep 16 00:22:56 CEST 2011

On 9/16/11 12:15 AM, Christophe Massiot wrote:
> Le 14 sept. 2011 à 11:55, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski a écrit :
>> Guys, looking at the changes since 1.2 [1] and the fact that
>> the last DVBlast release was over year and a half ago I think
>> it is time to officially release DVBlast 2.0.
>
> Well actually we were thinking about that just before you started checking in 10000 lines of code :-D.
>
>> There are couple of things IMHO should be done:
>>   1. Move biTSream to git.
>>     a) Release official biTSream version (1.0?), make bitSTream webpage,
>>        tarballs, etc.
>
> There is still an inconsistency in biTStream's API that I would like to fix before the first release, in the handling of descriptor loops (the current way is not clean with CAT).

If you found better way it will be perfect, currently it is definitely ugly.
Unfortunately AFAIR in their infinite wisdom ISO defined CA descriptor loop
differently than others.

> BTW I haven't followed all of your patches, is there something I need to do/comments I have to make ?
>
>>   7. Party and drink cocktails with funny straws.
>
> In which country ? Why weren't you at VDD or IBC ? :-p

I would have been at IBC but last minute local problems kept me from
going this year. I'm not much of a developer to go to VDD :)

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/