[dvblast-devel] biTStream & DVBlast releases

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Thu Sep 29 12:43:04 CEST 2011

Georgi,

Nice work on all those updates and most grateful for what you have done.
Couple of questions/comments on the commits and general things that I
think may still be missing. I realise that not all are directly related
to your commits but since you provided a good summary of changes I'm
following up this list:

- Which revisions of the various MPEG Systems and DVB specifications did
you use to create the commits? I think it would be useful for future
updates if you could reference the ETSI or Bluebook revisions somewhere
so we can trace it when attempting to fix typos or add new descriptors.

- You mentioned complete support for various descriptors but I don't
seem to find T2 delivery system descriptor in the commits. Did I miss it
somewhere?

- Unless mistaken, none of the 3D (frame compatible) descriptors have
been added either. Correct?

- Typo in descriptor 0x55: (Parental rating) not "Parential"

- In the MPEG systems stream type, 0x1C to 0x21 are missing.

Welcome to discuss these on or off list in case this is viewed as "noise".

Thomas