[dvblast-devel] biTStream & DVBlast releases

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Thu Sep 29 13:47:51 CEST 2011

Around 09/29/2011 01:43 PM, Thomas Kernen scribbled:
> Nice work on all those updates and most grateful for what you have done.
> Couple of questions/comments on the commits and general things that I
> think may still be missing. I realise that not all are directly related
> to your commits but since you provided a good summary of changes I'm
> following up this list:
>
> - Which revisions of the various MPEG Systems and DVB specifications did
> you use to create the commits? I think it would be useful for future
> updates if you could reference the ETSI or Bluebook revisions somewhere
> so we can trace it when attempting to fix typos or add new descriptors.

Final draft ETSI EN 300 468 V1.12.1 (2011-06)

For MPEG descriptors I have used ISO/IEC 13818-1: 1994(E) (I have a pdf
with nice formatting).

I also have ISO/IEC 13818-1 : 2000 (E) and it seems there are more
descriptors in it that I have missed.

> - You mentioned complete support for various descriptors but I don't
> seem to find T2 delivery system descriptor in the commits. Did I miss it
> somewhere?

> - Unless mistaken, none of the 3D (frame compatible) descriptors have
> been added either. Correct?

No, they are not (yet).

> - Typo in descriptor 0x55: (Parental rating) not "Parential"

Will fix, thanks.

> - In the MPEG systems stream type, 0x1C to 0x21 are missing.

Thats because I was using the old standard, silly me. There must 2007
version somewhere I'll have to look around.

> Welcome to discuss these on or off list in case this is viewed as "noise".

Since biTStream do not have dedicated ML and the developers hang here
I think it'll be ok to discuss it here for now.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/