[dvblast-devel] Multiple Stream Issue

Armin Zeid armin.zeid at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:22:17 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm experiencing pixelation and jitter when streaming multiple (4 in my
case) channels from one transponder in the same config file when running
one instance of dvblast.

This doesn't seem to be a network throughput issue since there are no
problems when I stream the same number of channels from 4 separate
instances of dvblast running using four different dvbs interfaces.

This leads me to think that this is either an application or OS level
problem.

I'm running dvblast 2.1 on ubuntu 10.10 and have done tcp/ip tuning on the
Ubuntu machine. My dvblast command is:
sudo dvblast  -a 1 -f [freq] -s [pol] -v 18 -S 2 -i 1 -c channel.config

So if i put multiple channels in the config file, I get jittering. If I put
1 channel in each config file and run separate instances of dvblast, there
are no problems.

Has anyone experienced similar problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks