[dvblast-devel] Multiple Stream Issue

Richard Hemzal hemzal at asm.cz
Tue Mar 6 09:05:22 CET 2012

Hi,

have noted similar issues, but not sure if same. I just guess you mean that doing diagnostic problem after sending stream over
Gigabit network using UDP. Right?

I recommend to  make dump using wireshark. Then check what are time distances between packets of one stream. When see that those are
short sequences where packets are about about 10useconds far and than pause for mseconds (in one channel stream), then I can say you
have met bursting issue. This will cause loose of packets for VLC. But problem is not caused by VLC or dvblast, but issue is in
switch which drops some packets. It has workaround using QoS/shaper on streamer. There is couple of sources over internet about it.
Have verified it already, it is real issue.

If this is TCP , forget this above. ;-)

Comments welcomed.