[dvblast-devel] Jumbo Frames

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Mon Mar 12 23:37:59 CET 2012

On 3/13/12 12:30 AM, Armin Zeid wrote:
> Is it possible to configure dvblast to send out jumbo frames? I'm running
> Ubuntu 10.10 and set the MTU on the network interface to 9000 bytes but the
> packets received are about 1000 bytes. My network gear also supports jumbo
> frames.

Direct quote from the README:

The syntax of the -D option is:
where <src mcast> is the multicast address carrying the stream, and <src
host> is optionally the address of the source, for source-specific multicast.
Options include:
  /udp (for streams without an RTP header)
  /mtu=XXXX (sets the maximum UDP packet size)
  /ifindex=X (binds to a specific network interface, by link number)
  /ifaddr=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (binds to a specific network interface, by address)

For example:
-D 239.255.0.2:1234/udp/mtu=9000

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski