[dvblast-devel] TS discontinuity

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Tue Mar 27 13:34:37 CEST 2012

Around 03/26/2012 07:11 PM, Armin Zeid scribbled:
> Thanks for your reply Georgi.
>
> Discontinuities are in fact in video and cause a lot of static. I have
> checked the satellite source and the signal is clean. This is in fact on a
> transponder that had problems with Invalid NIT previously and you told me
> on how to comment out the NIT check. It is transponder 11555 on Intelsat902
> 62E.
>
> My dvblast command is:
> dvblast -a 1 -f 11555000 -s 27500000 -v 13 -S 1 -c
> ~/blaster/channels/11555.conf
>
> My conf file content is at http://pastebin.com/HGYBFL0T
>
> dvblast output is at http://pastebin.com/pT1BnRaR
>
> Not sure what's so funky about this transponder. I'm hoping there's a way
> to record, analyze and fix with some options.

Can you try with less programs? For example leave only 3 (the ones with
pid 104). If the problem dissapears then it have nothing to do with dvblast.
I have an old DVB-C card that have problems handling lots of services. When
I lower down the number of services it works, but once the bitrate starts
getting above 25 Mbps I get lost packets similar to the way you do. So try
with less services in order to rule out card/or driver bug.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski
http://georgi.unixsol.org/