[dvblast-devel] fewer PMT filters

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Fri Oct 25 18:55:13 CEST 2013

On 25.10.2013 г. 19:24, Stas Sergeev wrote:
> I am trying to adapt dvblast into our embedded system.
> My goal is very simple: to get one program from linuxDVB
> and stream it to the network with udp.
> The problem I currently have, is that when dvblast receives PAT,
> it immediately sets filters for all the PMT pids it have found
> in PAT. Even though the output is configured for single
> program only, so 1 PMT filter would be enough.
> The problem is that our system is very short on filters, and
> this behaviour is unacceptable.
>
> Is there any switch to tell dvblast to not allocate the unnecessary
> PMT filters? If there is none, how difficult would it be to add
> such an option?

I bet you are using configuration file:

     690         case 'c':
     691             psz_conf_file = optarg;
     692             /*
     693              * When configuration file is used it is reasonable to assume that
     694              * services may be added/removed. If b_select_pmts is not set dvblast
     695              * is unable to start streaming newly added services in the config.
     696              */
     697             b_select_pmts = 1;
     698             break;

I have added this to turn on -w (--select-pmts set a PID filter on all PMTs)
option because otherwise when using config file there were problems.

Just remove b_select_pmts = 1 from config file case 'c' and you'll be fine
as long as no dynamic reconfiguration is required.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski | http://georgi.unixsol.org/ | http://github.com/gfto/