[dvblast-devel] fewer PMT filters

Stas Sergeev stsp at list.ru
Fri Oct 25 21:22:35 CEST 2013

Hi Georgi, thank you very much for a quick reply
and the fix! I'll test this all next week.
But a couple of questions so far. :)

25.10.2013 20:55, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski пишет:
> I bet you are using configuration file:
Yes.
I haven't even found an option to configure the
output for particular SID, and README only mentions
this by the means of a config file...
What am I missing? Is there any way at all to do
so without a config file? If so, it might be missing
from README.

> 690         case 'c':
>     691             psz_conf_file = optarg;
>     692             /*
>     693              * When configuration file is used it is
> reasonable to assume that
>     694              * services may be added/removed. If b_select_pmts
> is not set dvblast
>     695              * is unable to start streaming newly added
> services in the config.
Could you please clarify this a bit?
I would expect that the PMT filter can be added on
demand, is it not?

> 696              */
>     697             b_select_pmts = 1;
>     698             break;
>
> I have added this to turn on -w (--select-pmts set a PID filter on all
> PMTs)
> option because otherwise when using config file there were problems.
>
> Just remove b_select_pmts = 1 from config file case 'c' and you'll be
> fine
> as long as no dynamic reconfiguration is required
That suggestion I was going to try (next week), but now
I see you made a different fix. If, as I assume, the PMT
filters can be added on demand, instead of all at once, I
would suspect removing b_select_pmts = 1 is better fix
that inverting it with an option. But I might be missing
something obvious.