[dvblast-devel] fewer PMT filters

Georgi Chorbadzhiyski gf at unixsol.org
Sat Oct 26 10:19:35 CEST 2013

On 10/25/13 10:22 PM, Stas Sergeev wrote:
> Hi Georgi, thank you very much for a quick reply
> and the fix! I'll test this all next week.
> But a couple of questions so far. :)
>
> 25.10.2013 20:55, Georgi Chorbadzhiyski пишет:
>> I bet you are using configuration file:
> Yes.
> I haven't even found an option to configure the
> output for particular SID, and README only mentions
> this by the means of a config file...
> What am I missing? Is there any way at all to do
> so without a config file? If so, it might be missing
> from README.
>
>> 690         case 'c':
>>     691             psz_conf_file = optarg;
>>     692             /*
>>     693              * When configuration file is used it is
>> reasonable to assume that
>>     694              * services may be added/removed. If b_select_pmts
>> is not set dvblast
>>     695              * is unable to start streaming newly added
>> services in the config.
> Could you please clarify this a bit?
> I would expect that the PMT filter can be added on
> demand, is it not?
>
>> 696              */
>>     697             b_select_pmts = 1;
>>     698             break;
>>
>> I have added this to turn on -w (--select-pmts set a PID filter on all
>> PMTs)
>> option because otherwise when using config file there were problems.
>>
>> Just remove b_select_pmts = 1 from config file case 'c' and you'll be
>> fine
>> as long as no dynamic reconfiguration is required
> That suggestion I was going to try (next week), but now
> I see you made a different fix. If, as I assume, the PMT
> filters can be added on demand, instead of all at once, I
> would suspect removing b_select_pmts = 1 is better fix
> that inverting it with an option. But I might be missing
> something obvious.

I don't remember the exact situation (I debugged a problem that
prevented starting new services couple of months ago) and it turns
out that if all PMTs are not available when the service start
is requested dvblast was unable to start streaming that service
(I was trying to use dvblastctl reload). Then I found that --select-pmts
exist and the easiest solution was to enable it when config file
is used.

Fixing the problem without some surgery in demux.c is harder. In
theory even if there are no PMTs selected starting new service
should select the correct PMT and then do the job but without
--select-pmts it's not working.

--
Georgi Chorbadzhiyski | http://georgi.unixsol.org/ | http://github.com/gfto/