[dvblast-devel] wishlist

Zoran Turalija zoran.turalija at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 19:08:59 CET 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 02:14:22PM +0000, Nuno Mota wrote:
> I always use -S 1-4 and -k 1, as I only have four satellites in a multiswitch.
>
> I always though -k 2 would provide me access to sat 5 to 8. -k 3 satellite 9 to
> 12 and so on.

That is how I used it with SUR211F 2-port uncommitted switch and 2x SAR411F
4-port committed switches; -k 2 provided access to sat 5 to 8.

Patch that I provided changed nothing in that regard. But it is not 1:1
equvalent at what it sends in diseqc command compared to current method
in dvblast git.

It would be great if someone else could test it (also, on spaun would be nice).

If someone, with multiswich or cascade setup, can just change the port of one
sat to higher than 4-th position or on second uncommitted port (in cascade
setup), and confirm that it works, I can send more complete patch with manual
updates.

That would allow dvblast to really be capable of accessing/controling up to
256 IF signals, as per DiSEqC 1.1.

--
Kind regards,
Zoran Turalija