[dvblast-devel] dvblast & remote CAM decoding

Daniel Kučera daniel.kucera at gmail.com
Wed May 30 11:18:57 CEST 2018

Ibrahim,

the question here is, if you can find dedicated CI device for PC - I
doubt DD supports arbitrary data input to the CI (but I might be
wrong).
I've found this http://www.bsc-bvba.be/linux/dvb/ but it's 10 years
old and unfinished.

Other way might be to use dedicated HW with proper IP input/output
cards and CI interface cards, e.g.:
http://www.sencore.com/product/stream-media-platform#.Ww5sF6mxWL4

> Hello Daniel,
>
> You are on the right track.
> Like you said, the cam shouldn't care if the TS comes from network, tuner,
> asi etc.
>
> I envision a patch for tsdecrypt to be able to write and read to a stand
> alone CAM/CI such as the Digital Devices Single CI Slot.
>
> If anyone knows who might be able to write such a patch, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2018, 07:54 Daniel Kučera <daniel.kucera at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Ibrahim,
>>
>> I think Ahmed is not right. In our solution we used the concept of
>> decoupled receiver and decryptor.
>>
>> One server was stuffed with tuners an running dvblast. It was configured
>> to send both EMMs and ECMs to multicast group together with the encrypted
>> channel data.
>>
>> Other server without tuners but with powerfull CPUs was running tsdecrypt
>> which received encrypted multicasts and decrypted them. It was connected to
>> OSCam server and was also succesfully updating subscriptions on CA cards
>> connected via PCSC readers.
>>
>> I also wanted to test decrypt with CA modules but I haven't found
>> suitable, available and not very expensive solution (didn't spent much time
>> on this).
>>
>> Anyway, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. The module has no idea
>> if the TS comes from "internal" tuner, ASI, network, file or other source.
>>
>> Dňa st 30. 5. 2018, 5:18 Ahmed Ramze <ahmedramze at gmail.com> napísal(a):
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> its depends on the stream type almost not working for example if you can
>>> do it its mean you can decrypt stream remotely which its can you share its
>>> over multiple streams like what happened with CCAM or NewCAM servers.
>>>
>>> Tunner and CAMs on new version of IRDETO and NDS etc the secure version
>>> (chip peering) must be together with Tunner
>>>
>>> in details you can not read or send or modify EMM or ECM on server
>>> decrypt must be on CHIP not on server.
>>>
>>> I hope you understand that , we have same issue with OSN,beIN etc they
>>> use secure IRDETO.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Eng.Ahmed Ramze
>>> CEO
>>> HighSpeedTelecom.Net
>>> +961-76688533
>>> +964-7804445566
>>>

>>> On 30 May 2018, at 02:04, Ibrahim Tachijian <barhom at netsat.se> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you for your quick response.
>>>
>>> We know that we can use a dvb adapter with built in CI. This was not the
>>> question in this case.
>>>
>>> We would like to keep the CAM module and smart card remote, on a server
>>> which is not downlinking the channel.
>>> One such example would be, for example, to include support on tsdecrypt
>>> to interface with a CAM module such as the Digital Devices Single CI Slot.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if we can use a combination of software today? Or have
>>> the know how on how to develop software that can do this?
>>>
>>> Please contact me then,
>>>
>>> Thanks,

S pozdravom / Best regards
Daniel Kucera.