[dvblast-devel] Patch for Unicable/SCR Support in dvblast

Michael Mueller - Selfnet e.V michael.mueller at selfnet.de
Sun May 13 03:38:18 CEST 2018

Hello all,

we use dvblast at our club now for several years and made some changes
to fit our needs. As already posted on this Mailinglist in 2012 we added
SAP announcements from SDTPto the code (so we don't need a seperate
miniSAP server running).

Since then we changed some bits and pieces on the SAP.

The main reason for this mail is the other part of the attached patch:
We tried to reduce the amount of cabling and built some unicable/scr
setup (versions 1 and 2) as they are capable of up to 32 satellite
transponders with one cable. This way we saved 31 cables going from the
multiswitch to our streaming server. After a lot of thinking and
debugging it now works as far as we were able to determine. We also
tried to comment it to be understandable (no guarantees though...).

The complete patch for SAP and Unicable is attached. We would like to
get some more input about this before opening a pull request to the
official code at Github.

Short description:
 * New parameter "--unicable" to activate unicable code.
 * New parameter "--unicable-vers #" to specify unicable version.
 * New parameter "--unicable-id #" to specifiy unicable channel id.
 * New parameter "--unicable-freq #" to specify corresponding unicable
channel center frequency in kHz.

Examples:

To access a unicable 2 switch with unicable channel 0 and unicable
center frequency of 1.310.000 kHz at satellite number 0/A you would need
the parameters

--unicable --unicable-vers 2 --unicable-freq 1310000 --unicable-id 0 -S 0

To access a unicable 1 switch with channel 1 and center frequency
1.210.000 kHz at satellite number 1/B you would need the parameters

--unicable --unicable-vers 1 --unicable-freq 1210000 --unicable-id 1 -S 1

Any input would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Michael Mueller
Selfnet e.V.