[libbdplus-devel] About clarify the license of sha1.* files of libbdplus

Dylan bob.dybian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:54:54 CET 2014

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thank you for your response.

> That's a bold move :)

In order to help me in this task, could you please confirm that libbdplus
only decrypts Blu-ray Discs if the keys are provided by the user and does
not attempt to break it like libdvdcss does?

The webpage of libbdplus [2] refers to the webpage Legal [3] for
information about legal things, but there is no paragraph for libbdplus on
this page. Could you please add a paragraph for libbdplus on the legal page?

> For sha1, I'm afraid this is a very widely used implementation, and that
> you package it already in Debian, like in mutt:
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/mutt/mutt_1.5.21.orig.tar.gz
>
> Therefore, you probably know better than us, what we should write there
> to please you.

I will speak about that on the Debian Multimedia mailing-list to find a
solution.

Best regards,
Dylan

[2] http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbdplus.html