[libbluray-devel] PTS and DTS of Blu-Ray titles made of multiple files

Andrea3000 andrea3000 at email.it
Mon Nov 21 11:31:29 CET 2011

Jean-Baptiste Kempf <jb at ...> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:00:09AM -0800, John Stebbins wrote :
> > > Yes.
> > >

> > Do you know if VLC expects the clip time or the title time?
>
> Both time of use, I FROM_TICKS() the bd_tell_time.
>
> Best Regards,

Just to clarify:
If title is made of only one clip, bd_tell_time() gives obviously the correct
time from the beginning of the title.
If title is made of multiple clips, BUT with PTS and DTS that are continous
accross clip change, bd_tell_time() gives the correct time from the
beginning of the title.
If title is made of multiple clips and PTS and DTS are discontinous accross
clip change, then bd_tell_time() gives the time from the beginning of the
current clip and not from the beginning of the title.

I would like to add that, in my opinion, if bd_seek_time() seeks to a given
time relative to the beginning of the title, analogously bd_tell_time() *must*
give the current time from the beginning of the title.