[libbluray-devel] RFC: remove and mark static functions that are not exported and unused out of their unit .

Diego Elio Pettenò flameeyes at flameeyes.eu
Tue Feb 19 20:23:33 CET 2013

On 19/02/2013 16:03, Petri Hintukainen wrote:
> The original idea was to export PG decoding functions for applications,
> either using libbluray API or moving these to separate library.

I would go with either separate library or merging it into libavcodec,
myself (and eventually having libbluray use libavcodec, so to avoid the
duplication).

The reason why I'm saying this is because of what you just said, xine,
vlc and libav/ffmpeg have their own decoder already and none is
complete: we should focus on one, rather than adding a new one.

I'm afraid I have no experience with it, so I wouldn't know where to
start to look into what is missing from the one in libav that is present
here and backport it...

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes at flameeyes.euhttp://blog.flameeyes.eu/