[libbluray-devel] libbluray and cvm?

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 30 12:44:31 CET 2018

ti, 2018-12-25 kello 19:57 -0800, Shaya Potter kirjoitti:
> has anyone ever tried to run libbluray with cvm as the jvm?  I'm in
> particular wondering about this in regards to thinking how kodi on
> android could support bd-j (i.e. phoneme android port).

PhoneME is (was) the first supported JVM, but I haven't tried it in
several years. It wasn't the easiest project to configure and build.
And support for 64 bit systems was more or less missing, so there were
performance issues with animated graphics.

In terms of compatibility it is the best choice for BD-J. BD-J is
basically J2ME with some additional interfaces. And x86-64 performance
issues could be worked out by moving few image manipulation primitives
to native code.

Most likely some of the later BD-J additions are not compatible with
PhoneME (this can be tested by compiling against PhoneME RT libs). But
core support is still there and possible compat issues should be easy
to fix.

Relevant configure options are:
--with-bdj-type=j2me \
--with-bdj-bootclasspath=\
  /opt/PhoneME/lib/btclasses.zip;\
  /opt/PhoneME/lib/xmlparer.jar

You may also need to set JAVA_HOME and use compatible compiler - I
don't remember if I compiled with Java 1.4/1.5 J2ME JDK or OpenJDK 6.
OpenJDK 9 won't produce compatible binary code (source and target
compat options for 1.4/1.5 were removed).

- Petri