[libbluray-devel] Libbluray cache set to /tmp on Android and denied

Vitor Dall'Acqua veggav at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 17:22:00 UTC 2023

Hey everyone,
Hi Petri,

I'm trying to update the use of libbluray 1.3.2 (the one used in Kodi at
the moment) on Android.

A lot has changed since it used to work on Android 9 and Kodi Matrix (19).
The Nvidia Shield got an update to Android 11 and this caused some problems
with write access to some folders.

This email is just to ask a few questions and see if you happen to know
what is going on.

I'm getting this error:

CBlurayCallback::Logger - org.videolan.CacheDir:0: ERROR: Error creating
directory /tmp/libbluray-bdj-cache

While at the same time I'm setting local environment:

  setenv("LIBBLURAY_CACHE_ROOT",
CSpecialProtocol::TranslatePath("special://home/").c_str(), 1);

  setenv("LIBBLURAY_PERSISTENT_ROOT",
CSpecialProtocol::TranslatePath("special://home/").c_str(), 1);

This special protocol is actually:
/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

This is writable but for some reason is not passed to libbluray anymore.

I have 2 theories:
1. Something changed with libbluray from back when we worked on this.

2. Android is running JRE as another process and it can't access Kodi's
files anymore.

As you can see JAVA_HOME is being passed just fine and my JRE addon is
found by libbluray.
I'm passing it with:
setenv("JAVA_HOME",
CSpecialProtocol::TranslatePath("special://xbmcbin/j2re-image/").c_str(),
1);

So it's writable and executable.

Petri, do you have any idea if anything changed libbluray side? and if
there's any other path variable that's missing?

Thanks for your time reading this email.
Regards

Vitor