[libdts-devel] Re: Updates for "Projects using libdts"

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Wed Sep 8 10:58:46 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 15:39, Gamester17 wrote:

> First, our own project (XBMC - Xbox Media Center) now use libdts, at the
> core of our player is a port of MPlayer which in turn now also use libdts.
> MPlayer got it's libdts codec version from FFmpeg who in turn got the code
> from yourselves. Plus ffdshow has also very recently announced that they
> also integrated libdts. Finally I also heard (but not confirmed) that
> AC3Filter now also use libdts. So please update your "Projects using
> libdts"

Thanks, I just updated it.

As for AC3Filter, I won't add it to the list because the guy who's doing it
never released the source code for the version that has DTS software
decoding. This is of course a breach of the GPL licensing used by the
libraries in AC3Filter.
(And I won't even talk about the fact that he never credited the DTS
decoding to libdts - which he obviously uses if you look at the binary).

Regards,

--
Gildas