SDT et al. decoding for libdvbpsi

Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou bozo at via.ecp.fr
Thu Oct 10 09:42:03 CEST 2002

Hi Juha,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002, Juha Yrjölä wrote:
> I'm thinking of writing SDT and NIT decoders for libdvbpsi. Or are you
> or someone else maybe working on these already? I wouldn't want to
> duplicate the effort.
>
> Is it OK if I use my own coding style (ie. pretty much the same as in
> Linux kernel) on the new files, or am I required to follow the same
> conventions as the rest of the library? I'd prefer the kernel style
> myself, but I can run the files through indent(1) before sending patches
> if you want. =)

actually we've already thought (I and another guy) about the design of
DVB tables implementation. the libdvbpsi-devel mailing-list is in Cc so
that everybody can know how much code is pending out of the CVS
repository and what is planned for the near future.

1/ a release is planned in a short amount of time (after it compiles
for win32). The pending code will be checked in the CVS.

2/ The TDT (DVB) is pending since 'June 2002' (written by Loïc Berthe
and Damien Delhomme with my help since they aren't confirmed
developers).

3/ Some DVB descriptors are pending (written by Johan Bilien 'Jobi').

3/ Johan and I have though about the design that will be used for the
DVB tables (other than TDT). As far as I remember Johan began writing
the SDT decoder.

A/ I'm going to move away from the project for some time (I don't know
exactly how much) since I can't deal with it.

B/ I don't know if Johan can complete what he's done on SDT.

That's it. Maybe Johan and you can talk about it in the mailing-list to
see what is possible (Jobi ! where are you ? :-)

Regards,

--
Arnaud