SDT et al. decoding for libdvbpsi

Johan Bilien jobi at via.ecp.fr
Thu Oct 10 13:08:50 CEST 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002, Arnaud de Bossoreille de Ribou wrote:
> actually we've already thought (I and another guy) about the design of
> DVB tables implementation. the libdvbpsi-devel mailing-list is in Cc so
> that everybody can know how much code is pending out of the CVS
> repository and what is planned for the near future.
>
> 1/ a release is planned in a short amount of time (after it compiles
> for win32). The pending code will be checked in the CVS.
>
> 2/ The TDT (DVB) is pending since 'June 2002' (written by Loïc Berthe
> and Damien Delhomme with my help since they aren't confirmed
> developers).
>
> 3/ Some DVB descriptors are pending (written by Johan Bilien 'Jobi').
>
> 3/ Johan and I have though about the design that will be used for the
> DVB tables (other than TDT). As far as I remember Johan began writing
> the SDT decoder.
>

> A/ I'm going to move away from the project for some time (I don't know
> exactly how much) since I can't deal with it.
>
> B/ I don't know if Johan can complete what he's done on SDT.
>
> That's it. Maybe Johan and you can talk about it in the mailing-list to
> see what is possible (Jobi ! where are you ? :-)

Here :-)

The new design for DVB tables, as well as the SDT part, are almost
completed and should be checked in after the release.

The new structure consist of a subtable demuxer between the PSI decoder
and the specialized decoders (like SDT decoder). It was required since
with the DVB norm, several different tables can use the same PID, and
the same table ID (they have a different extension ID).

--
Jobi