[libdvbpsi-devel] DVB support for windows

Sudeendra MG sudhi_mg28 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 17:19:12 CEST 2007

Dear Ken,

  I am using DVB-T. But I am getting an error when I execute the following command:
  vlc dvbt:// :dvb-frequency=602000 :dvb-bandwidth=6 :dvb-caching=500
  (Channel freq=602MHz, BW=6MHz)

  Error:
  Cannot Open file dvbt://

  I am getting the same error as above even when I try with "dvb" or "dvb-t" or "dvbt". There is no change.

  I am using the VLC 0.9 nightly build of 24th Aug 2007. I wish to know if I have to do something more. Please help.

  Best Regards,
  Sudeendra

KenS <kens at campoz.fslife.co.uk> wrote:
      A typical command line (assuming you are trying dvb-t (terrestrial) is:
  vlc dvbt:// :dvb-frequency=177500 :dvb-bandwidth=7 :dvb-caching=500
  You of course need to substitute your own values for dvb-frequency (in kHz) and dvb-bandwidth (in MHz)
  dvb-caching helps stop audio stuttering - it is in ms

  Also check this thread on the VLC forums http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35357