[libdvbpsi-devel] [0x0-0x1fb1fb].org.videolan.vlc[8468] libdvbpsi error (PMT decoder): invalid section (table_id == 0x41)

Johann Hanne jhml at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 08:38:51 CET 2008

Hi David,

the PMT decoder in libdvbpsi is badly broken. It doesn't support PMTs with
more than one program on one PID, and it doesn't support other table types
than the PMT itself. Both is correct behaviour according to ISO 13818-1.

I'm in the process of fixing this, but I'm not sure if/when it will go into
svn, because it also causes a major API breakage (PMTs need to be attached
behind a demux).

Cheers, Johann