[libdvbpsi-devel] HELP:libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at gmail.com
Mon May 16 17:23:38 CEST 2011

2011/5/16 sonia gharbi <gharbi.sonia1 at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I developped a server for transcoding and streaming with C / C + + and I try
> to do an audit on a client, I use VLC to view the result of diffusion
> But in the case of a video extension .avi or .flv or .wmv ...... it gives me
> nothing but there is an audio  (no screen, just listen to the sound of the
> video but the screen is not displayed)
> and an error message appears to me on the client terminal:
>
> libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (Received 9 Expected 0) for
> PID 0
> libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (Received 9 Expected 0) for
> PID 66
>
> So if I release a video. mp4, it appears in the screen and it worked well
>
> I did not understand this error and I need your help

The error means that the MPEG-TS (transport stream) misses several TS
packets of 188 bytes from the stream. In that case libdvbpsi will flag
an "TS discontinuity error".

libdvbpsi is only usefull with MPEG-TS streams and does not work with
.avi, .flv or .wmv. Therefor this mailinglist is not the right one for
your issue.

Please send your issue to vlc-devel at videolan.org and attach a link to
the log file from one of your failed tests (for instance use
vlc.pastebin.com). And do not forget to mention which vlc version and
which operating system version you are using.

Kind regards,
Jean-Paul Saman