[libdvbpsi-devel] Can the EIT decoder decode successfully when the TS packet is not continued?

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at videolan.org
Thu Aug 15 12:02:56 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:49 AM, watch_the_rain <watch_the_rain at 163.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your answer.My boss have changed a data packet to test.
> But a software my company used to test the TS stream can parse out all the
> events from the discontinuous packets,why can't the libdvbpsi do this?

There is too little information to give an answer to this question.

I'll try anyway to give some pointers:
- TS stream could be in violation of the standard and your tool just
happens to match that.
- libdvbpsi 1.1.0 EIT parser could have a bug
- libdvbpsi 0.1.6 EIT parser could falsely detect mangled content making
you believe it detected more events

If you lose ~33 % percent of your stream, then you have a big problem. Fix
that first, then look at the EIT content.

Kind regards,

Jean-Paul Saman.