[libdvbpsi-devel] Can the EIT decoder decode successfully when the TS packet is not continued?

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 12:03:46 CEST 2013

2013/8/15 watch_the_rain <watch_the_rain at 163.com>:
> Thanks for your answer.My boss have changed a data packet to test.
> But a software my company used to test the TS stream can parse out all the
> events from the discontinuous packets,why can't the libdvbpsi do this?

Because it is not OK to require valid outputs from invalid inputs.
There are too many things to check, which you said nothing about.
For example, it may be your program which uses libdvbpsi reads UDP
(right?) input stream with sufficiently large intervals, resulting in
lost datagrams. It happens if you do some CPU-intensive processing in
the same thread that reads from UDP socket. The higher is bitrate, the
more is probablity to have such problem.

--
Andrey Utkin