libdvdcss 1.2.0

Adam Jones adam at yggdrasl.demon.co.uk
Fri May 31 07:19:24 CEST 2002

On 30-May-02, H}kan Hjort wrote:

>> BTW, is anyone working on the CSS title key cache ?
> I haven't had time to look at it. I'm a bit worried how it will deal
> with loose files (i.e both single vobs and remotely mounted DVDs).

Hmm.  That's an interesting point...  Currently it uses a method seen in
libdvdread to get a serial number from the DVD.  This doesn't seem too
likely to work for standalone VOBs (hopefully it should fail on the
attempt to read the serial number and hence disable the cache).

The problem is, we need a unique identifier for the disc/file/stream if
we're to cache its keys - otherwise how do we recognise it when we see
it again?  So if a naked VOB doesn't contain any sort of identifier,
short of md5sum-ing the whole file, I can't see any way for a cache to
recognise it.
--
Adam Jones (adam at yggdrasl.demon.co.uk)(http://www.yggdrasl.demon.co.uk/)
.oO("Ninjin wa kawaii desu."                                           )