[felix at fkurth.de: Re: [Ogle-user] libdvdread: Can't seek to block 256]

H}kan Hjort d95hjort at dtek.chalmers.se
Wed Dec 10 14:12:00 CET 2003

Hi,

see the attached bugreport.

There is a problem with the seek call in device.c.  It seems that
it's not supported to do a cast to off_t of an integer (or it's not
supported to do multiplication of two off_t) in all cases.  It might
simply be a bug in GCC but it would be good if this could be resolved
somehow.

It might be worth to print the result of the multiplication to see what
that gives.  If it's a compiler bug then just storing it in a local
variable might cure it.
I'll try to work on solving this, but can't reporoduce it my self so
have to rely on the reporter.

Any ideas how to rewrite this to work better?

--
Håkan Hjort