[felix at fkurth.de: Re: [Ogle-user] libdvdread: Can't seek to block 256]

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Dec 10 14:31:22 CET 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003, H}kan Hjort wrote:

> There is a problem with the seek call in device.c.  It seems that
> it's not supported to do a cast to off_t of an integer (or it's not
> supported to do multiplication of two off_t) in all cases.  It might
> simply be a bug in GCC but it would be good if this could be resolved
> somehow.

   The code relies on off_t being 64 bits (hence the -D__USE_UNIX98
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE flags). Looks like an
incompatibility between the libc and its headers.

   I would very much like to know on what distribution it was compiled,
with what compiler and what libc headers. Also I'd like to know on what
distribution it was run, with what libc version. A compilation log might
be useful as well.

> Any ideas how to rewrite this to work better?

   If the libc headers refuse to declare off_t as being __off64_t, I
don't think anything can be done at the code level.

Regards,
--
Sam.