Fwd: [MPlayer-users] SCSI emulation

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jan 3 23:43:24 CET 2003

Hi,

> > we've got lots of such bugreports.
> > is it a known problem/limitation that libdvdcss doesn't work with scsi
> > emulation with ide dvd drives?
>
>    We've got so few reports about it that I didn't think it was
> specifically related to SCSI emulation. I'll have a look.

thanks.

since combined dvdrom-cdwriter drives getting more common and cheaper, it
may be a bigger issue in the near future, since cdrecord (and afaik the
others too) requires scsi emulation to work.
(and afaik switching scsi emu on an ide drive requires rebooting the
kernel...)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team