libdvdread play_title.exe on cygwin

mehul patel mpatel at focus-technologies.com
Tue Jun 17 20:44:48 CEST 2003

If I dont use \\.\ i get output as follows.

>play_title.exe e: 1 1 1
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.6 for DVD access
libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
libdvdcss debug: opening target `e:/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
There are 1 titles on this DVD.
There are 24 chapters in this title.
There are 2 angles in this title.
libdvdcss debug: opening target `e:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.IFO'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
libdvdcss debug: opening target `e:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB'
libdvdcss debug: using libc for access
libdvdcss debug: cracking title key
libdvdcss error: read error

Can you tell me why it couldnot find device name?
'couldnt find device name' comes fromlibdvdread dvd_reader.c,
and i donot understand what it means.

Also note that e: leads to libc for access , print statement is in device.c,
and as i understand i am compiling under cygwin, which has config.h,
and it has define for WIN32.

So what could be wrong?

Mehul.