libdvdread play_title.exe on cygwin

Sam Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Jun 18 02:07:51 CEST 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003, mehul patel wrote:

> >play_title.exe e: 1 1 1
> libdvdread: Couldn't find device name.
>
> Can you tell me why it couldnot find device name?
> 'couldnt find device name' comes fromlibdvdread dvd_reader.c,
> and i donot understand what it means.

   libdvdread needs some extra magic to guess that e: is a drive name.

> Also note that e: leads to libc for access , print statement is in device.c,
> and as i understand i am compiling under cygwin, which has config.h,
> and it has define for WIN32.

   It's libdvdread which needs fixing (in dvdread/dvd_reader.c). I
used to have a local patch for this, but I somewhat lost sync with the
libdvdread CVS so it is pretty useless as is, but I'll eventually get
it together again. But I think anyone can patch libdvdread so that it
recognizes "[a-zA-Z]:" as a drive name.

--
Sam.