libdvdcss and region codes

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Fri Mar 21 17:31:04 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 Andru Luvisi wrote:

>I compiled vlc for linuxppc linked against the cvs version of libdvdcss
>patched with the patch Gildas Bazin sent to the list and have attached the
>output from:
>
>  DVDCSS_VERBOSE=2 DVDCSS_METHOD=title vlc dvdold:
>
>It doesn't mean anything more to me than the xine log, but I figured I'd
>send it in case it is of use.  The dmesg errors are the same as the ones I
>sent in my last post.

Ok, one last attempt. Could you try the attached patch against a clean libdvdcss cvs tree. If this doesn't work than I guess it won't be possible to get around the region protection scheme of your dvd drive because it would mean we can't even have read access to the disc if it is of a different region.

I'd be interested in seeing the logs in all cases.

Regards,

--
Gildas

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 € TTC/min)